98.9 The Bear – WBYR
Official Contest & Game Rules
1. No purchase necessary. Must be at least 21 years of age. One entry per person per contest or game; duplicate entries may result in disqualification from the game or contest.
2. The contesting will only take place during weekdays (Mon.-Fri.) on-air, for a total of 100 qualifiers. All winners will be chosen randomly through call-ins at designated times. Each contestant will be asked to “eliminate” one of the 98 prizes from the list featured on the website at www.989thebear.com. When the contestant calls in to eliminate a prize, he must name a prize that has not been eliminated and still remains on the list online in order to become a qualifier. Contestants cannot eliminate something that is already off of the list, if they do, they lose their chance at becoming a qualifier.
3. The contest will run Monday, September 13, 2010 through Friday, October 8, 2010. Winners must be present to win. Decision of the judges is final.
4. All 100 qualifiers will receive qualifying prizes: Weeks 1 and 2 will be a McDonalds Prize Pack and Weeks 3 and 4 with be Penn Station Gift Certificates. The winner will be selected at the Eliminator Giveaway Party (date and time TBD). Winner must be present to win.
5. The Final Prize will be determined at the end of the contest. Only one contestant, whom is present, will win the final prize.
6. Employees of WBYR, Federated Media, other radio stations, promotional sponsors, all additional sponsors and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate in WBYR contests or games. WBYR reserves the right to deny participation for any reason.
7. Winners are responsible for any prize obligation (insurance, taxes, licensing, etc.) and must meet all eligibility requirements.
8. Winners and contestants consent to allow WBYR the use of their name, voice and/or likeness for promotional advertisements for the station with no monetary or other compensation.
9. Winners must waive any and all claims of liability against WBYR and their parent company Federated Media, its subsidiaries and all respective employees and agents for any personal injury or loss which may occur from participation in the contest or from the use of any prize. Winners must sign a liability form that releases WBYR, Federated Media, its subsidiaries, other owners and related entities from any liability.
10. Winners are solely responsible for claiming their prize and/or fulfilling travel arrangements. Prizes are to be claimed at the WBYR offices during regular business hours. Any prize not claimed within a 30-day period will become property of WBYR.
11. Winners must be able to produce proper identification to claim prize. Winner is responsible for all taxes, insurance, title and any additional fees. This includes, but is not limited to, all passport and processing fees. Other restrictions may apply.
12. No cash or substitute prize will be awarded in lieu of the advertised prize. Prizes are non-transferable. If a winner cannot accept the prize as offered or he/she fails to meet eligibility requirements, he/she shall forfeit the prize and the prize will become the property of WBYR or will be awarded to another contestant.
13. Only one WBYR prize valued at $600.00 or greater may be won within a six (6) month period. Only one WBYR prize of any value may be won within a six (6) week period. All prizes won within less time than these waiting periods will be forfeited.
14. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
15. Participants in this contest agree to the above rules, as well as, any additional rules, which may be implemented. Rules are subject to change without prior notification. Any rule changes will be published. Rules are available at the WBYR studios, 1005 Production Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46808 during regular business hours, 8:30-5:00 Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.