Wienerdog Nationals Official Rules
1. There is no entry fee. One entry per person (One dog registered to each person, and must have 2 handlers; you may enter more than one dog as long as each dog has 2 handlers).
2. Check in time for the event is between 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm at Headwaters Park. Any dog failing to check in by 1:30 pm will be replaced by an alternate. The event begins at 2pm.
3. The Wienerdog Nationals Contest will be held Saturday, June 8, 2013. All contestants must be on a leash except during competition. Each contestant must have two (2) handlers and a record of their distemper shots (either by tag or paperwork). One handler will hold their dog at starting line while other handler will go past the finish line where they will call the dog. At the go signal, the handler will release the dog. The first dog to cross the finish line wins. The track length is fifty (50) feet. Competition is single elimination bracketing, with the runner ups from each bracket to compete for 3rd place and the winners from each bracket to compete for 1st and 2nd place. An absolute maximum of 2 heats of sixty four (64) dogs may compete (total 128). The odds of winning are based upon the performance of the contestants. Owners are allowed to bring a toy (or the like to "tempt" the contestant, but that toy must not interfere with the performance of the competing contestant. All owners are required to sign a release form prior to the race. Grand Prize is TBD. 2nd place receives TBD and 3rd place receives TBD 4. Employees of WBYR, other radio stations, promotional sponsors, and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest.
5. Winners are responsible for any prize obligation (taxes, etc.) and must meet all eligibility requirements.
6. Winners consent to allow WBYR the use of their name, voice and or likeness of promotional advertisements for the station with no monetary or other compensation.
7. Winners must waive any and all claims of liability against WBYR and their parent company, Federated Media, and all respective employees and agents for any personal injury or loss, which may occur from participation in the contest or from the use of any prize. Winners must sign a liability form that releases WBYR, Federated Media, other owners and related entities from any liability.
8. Winners are solely responsible for claiming their prize and / or fulfilling travel arrangements. Prizes are claimed at the WBYR offices during regular business hours. Any prize not claimed within a reasonable time period will become property of WBYR. To claim a prize, the winner must submit a satisfactory evidence of his/her identity to the WBYR office management staff.
9. Winners must be 18 years of age and be able to produce proper identification to claim a prize. The winner is responsible for all taxes, insurance, title and any additional fees. This includes all passport and processing fees.
10. No cash or substitute prize will be awarded in lieu of the advertised prize. Prizes are non-transferable. If a winner cannot accept the prize offered, he/she shall forfeit the prize, and another winner will be selected. If a winner does not meet eligibility requirements, another winner will be selected.
11. No purchase is necessary to enter any WBYR contest. Only one WBYR contest* may be won within a 90 day period.
12. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
13. Participants in this contest agree to the above rules, as well as any additional rules, which may be implemented. Rules are available at the WBYR Studios at 1005 Production Rd, Fort Wayne, during regular business hours, 8:30 am-5:00 pm Monday – Friday.
14. Decision of the judges is final.
* Contest is defined as any prize or item won within a minimum value of $600.00.